2008年3月18日

Thank you all for your feedback

Hello again everyone,

Thank you very much for all of your valuable feedbacks.

After Tracy watched the video of the two workshops, her & I discussed
about the problems all of us are having.

Problem #1 - I did not understand what most of you
were seeking for in the workshops.


Problem #2 - I did not know the level of the people
joining the workshops. I assumed that most of you would
understand the ideas and concepts I was talking about.

Problem #3 - What Hsuan Hsuan & I had in mind was very
different from what most of you expected.

Problem #4 - I am not expressing my opinion enough nor
giving you guys a clear & direct answers to what you think is a simple question.


Hsuan Hsuan & I prepared the last two workshops to be
more about discussions, where ALL OF US was to talk about our point of view.
To share the resources and inspire each other, not
just Hsuan Hsuan and I telling you guys what is "Beauty" and what is a
"snapshot" & a "formal approach".

After the two workshops, and the feedbacks I received from
some of you, it's clear to me now that I need to start
from the basics and walk you guys through the different stages.

I was very surprise to know that nobody was
comprehending what personal work means.

And nobody had said they take pictures for other reasons than just to post it on Flicker.
I know now, that most of you want to learn how to take
better pictures, be inspired to think about new ideas, as well as, to
better understand the power of photography & what you can do with it.

Now that I understand some of the problems, I think
the solution is for me to take a different approach.

Until now, Hsuan Hsuan & I felt we should not preach
nor treat you guys as students. But, from the feedback I received, and
what Tracy has observed, I believe I will need to form CLASSES,

where I can provide the information on specific subjects that you are interested in

and teach you something you can apply to your interest in photography.
Not just come to talk and share ideas & concepts.

I will think more about the future CLASSES, and structure it in a way
that it will be - lectures introducing other artists, providing useful
technical information, and giving demonstrations on alternative
photographic process- that will inspire you guys to keep challenging yourselves.

I say "challenging yourselves" because there is no point of spending money
to join classes, if you are not learning something new to take photography
to the next level. I hope all of you have a bigger
goal than to just keep taking more pictures to post it on Flicker.

Please give us more time to think about the future classes.
I would like to get more feedback from other people to see how we can offer ideal classes.

We are having the "about cameras" workshop this Sunday.
For this workshop, I will tell you about different types of cameras and how they work.

and provide you with useful information, so that, you will feel
you have learned something practical and applicable to you interest.

If you have any photos that you want to know how it
was taken (type of a camera & techiniques used), please bring the photo and I will try
to answer it for you. Also, PLEASE BRING YOUR CAMERAS.
See you on Sunday.


With regards,

syko