2007年12月16日

What can I do ?...

Without the actual por que base gallery, how can i offer something that would be helpful?
Please help me.
I would like to know, how i can contribute to Taiwan's art movement.
Only thing I know is a little bit about photography but i'm very passionate about it.
I enjoy participating in anything related to art, design & photography.
I may not be able to offer much, but in order to share anything, it's very important to know what people need and what I can provide.


I believe most of you & I have something in common - the need for an outlet to express our emotions, thoughts and concerns.
In the future, I would like to have gatherings to discuss issues such as:
Why is art important in our lives?
Does my work have any effect on the society?...
What inspires us?
How and where does inspirations come from...
How do we judge our own work?/ how do i know if my work is good?...
What makes it good/bad...
Creating art for ourselves verse for others (or to make money).
Specifically on photography:
Using a camera as a tool to make a statement.
Art of snapshot vs, formal
Documentary vs. staged
Does photographic image convey the truth? (The difference between photography and other media).
Why is format of the camera important?
Digital verses traditional film.
Photographing people.
and etc. etc...
But for now, I think we can have fun by getting groups of people together and share something about photography.
Idea of just getting people to start taking more pictures, then to see how we can challenge ourselves and take photography more seriously.
Make interesting photos using different type of cameras(even w/digital cameras) and understand how cameras work and how to make the camera do what you want it to do(technical info.)
To take photos with better aesthetics and portray our emotions and thoughts.
Using the camera as a tool to say and share something you are passionate about.
Starting in January, it would be nice to meet people every two - three weeks to have this type of workshops.
just bring your interest, cameras & point of view and inspire each other to pursue their dreams. Since I can not speak or understand Chinese, we will get a translator.
Please let me know what you think about this idea.
From the past experience, I know most of you don't like to say much or ask any questions, but WE NEED TO TALK TO EACH OTHER.
You can write in ENGLISH or CHINESE .
So, if you have any suggestions, questions, or comments, please let me know so that we can bring people together.
There are many things happening in Taiwan's art movement, but not enough. We really need to work together and keep it moving forward. It's the only way we can be taken seriously.
hope to hear from you soon!