2009年1月1日

just another post, thinking someone may respond...

Hi everyone,

Hope 2009 is starting out well.

I guess this is our first post of 2009.

As all of you know, this blog is not updated very often. It’s not because I don’t have the interest to post something, it’s mostly due to the fact that I’m busy taking care of the basic needs. Certainly more responses from everyone are always a good incentive for me to drop everything and interact.

Anyways, I’m hoping to get some free time to be able to write a series of issues in art and photography that are not often discussed.

Issues such as:

Personal Work

Inspiration/Motivation

Attitude

Your Audience

Effect of your work

Defining Success

as will as Pre-visualizing.


Some of you are satisfied with the basics but many of you want more than just the cool tricks and the technical information.

I know there is a lot of technical information out there so I will not write much about it – unless it’s a specific question that can not be found on the internet. I’m more interested in the ideas, process of creating and the effect of the work. But if you know of some good sites or blogs that has useful information please post for others to check out.

While I try to make some time to write, it would be very thoughtful if you can share some of your experiences with everyone.

Please share the experience that brought you inspiration.

What discourages you and makes you feel like just giving up?

Who or what inspired you to pursue art instead of a career that will make your life much easier and more comfortable?

How about something that made you think about why it is important to produce work that shows your individuality.

Maybe something that your teacher or a friend has said that enlightened you to see things from a totally different perspective.

Anything that will encourage and inspired others to keep moving forward rather than getting discouraged would be helpful.

Another thing of my interest is the education system. I have been told that the education system in Taiwan does not offer much in the arts, especially in photography.

I did hear there are few good art schools, but how good are they? Good in what ways? I would really like to know what it’s like. How is the program and the classes structured? What is the main focus? What are the assignments like? What are the teaching principals? What was the most valuable thing you gained from this class/school?

If you have anything on this matter I would love to hear about it.

As before, I will not expect many replies, but it sure would be wonderful to see people sharing what may be valuable to others. Remember, holding back the resources will only slow down the process of building a great community.

Cheers!